[Corporate] Why do Ignore Rules expire?
Today I added a new Ignore Rule and I accidental saw, that my existing 6 rules will expire in 3 days.
- Why do the Ignore Rules expire at all?
- What happens, when they expired? Are they deleted?
- Do users get an notification, that their rules are expired?
- How can I extend the period without having to edit each rule manually?
- Cam I somehow turn off the expiration?
I fear, that they expire, I get no notifications and only recognize this by getting wired scan results.
@OLLI_S Good questions.
Most customers who requested this feature, want to periodically review the apps that they Ignored.
They are not deleted, they can simply be extended.
Yes, users do get an email stating that some Ignore rules will expire within X days.
On the Configuration page, there is a tab with Ignore rules, simply highlight X number of rules and click the Renew button, and they should be extended with another 90 days.
No, they all expire after 90 days by default.
Again, feedback is welcome on this feature, after you have used for a while. We are not certain that it is ideal, so we are open for suggestions once it has been used in "real life" for a while,
@Tom The first feedback you have now