[Solved] FreeCommander XE 2018 - Wrong Recommended version
For FreeCommander XE 2018 there are two different channels available:
- FreeCommander XE 2018 32-Bit (this version can be downloaded for free)
- FreeCommander XE 2018 64-Bit (this version is only available for donors and is updated more often than the free version)
So both channels have different version numbers that is available.
I have FreeCommander XE 2018 64-Bit (Donors) installed in:
- Build 781 in C:\Program Files\FreeCommander XE\FreeCommander.exe
- Build 777 in C:\Program Files\FreeCommander XE\backup\FreeCommander.exe
I have FreeCommander XE 2018 32-Bit (Public) installed in:
- Build 770 in D:\PortableApps\PortableApps\FreeCommanderPortable\App\FreeCommanderXE\FreeCommander.exe
For my 64-Bit version (Build 781) the Recommended version Build 770 is shown.
So for the 64-Bit version you recommend the 32-Bit version.
So either this is just a bug in the rules or you have to split up FreeCommander XE 2018 in two different channels.
You now differentiate between:
- 2018 release 787 donor
- 2018 release 770 public
I found an other page with more information about Donors:
At the Download page of FreeCommander (https://freecommander.com/en/downloads/) it says:
FreeCommander XE 64-bit is currently available as bonus for the donors.
At the Donors page of FreeCommander (https://freecommander.com/en/donation/) you cab read more about the benefits of donating.
I have the Lifetime payment so:
“Lifetime” payment – If you donate at least 21 EUR (ca. 25 USD) you get a permanent access to the Donor Downloads site.
Exactly, so perhaps we need 4 or 5 channels for FreeCommander. I will look into this. If you can provide official information about donor releases, then that would be awesome.