if log-File C:\Windows\Logs\SecTeer\secteer.log stopps after "Enumerating MSI data"

• Not really a bug with secteer but may be a problem with some older/rare msi-Files and so more a hint:

I observed on my machines, that the agent stopped working after "Enumerating MSI data". exe/agent were still running (so no "die" of process/service).

As the agent is running as a service it can't display windows to the users (silent).
    When running from a Admin-CMD the Windows Installer comes up with message-windows and i had to fix 2 msi -files: "Windows Installer: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is anavailiable. --> Browse...". One was located on a DVD and one on "C:\Users...\AppData\Local\Temp....". Both from programs i would not request from you to be detected!!

I re-created the files, put them to a persistant location on HDD, followed the instuctions of windows installer and on next run secteer runs on the MSI-Topics with success.

• VulnDetect Team Member

@cdqEAW67 Awesome and thank you

• After making my special-msi unavailiable the 1.0.7.0 is continuing the scan and submits the data (checked with agent and --immediate).
    So it's OK now!! 👍
    Thx

• VulnDetect Team Member

We have made some changes to how we handle the enumeration of MSI data, we hope this will prevent this behavior.

You can download the latest agent here:
    https://vulndetect.com/dl/secteerSetup.exe

Again, thank you for reporting these issues.

• VulnDetect Team Member

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Sounds like an interesting issue.

Will look at it and see if we can reproduce and work around it.

/Tom