[Added] FreeCommander XE - App-Request
Name of the app:
- FreeCommander XE 2018
- C:\Program Files\FreeCommander XE\FreeCommander.exe
- Marek Jasinski
- In the version number you see the current year
- FreeCommander XE 64-bit is currently available as bonus for the donors (so is a user has the 64 Bit version you might add "donor")
- In "Help -> About" I see the following version info FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 775 64-bit donor
OK, so I mark this issue as solved.
@olli_s The rule has been changed so that unknown versions will show a "?". It will then automatically be added to our list of rules that needs manual updating to show the correct information, so this should be fixed going forward
The important thing is:
- For FreeCommander XE 32-Bit the current version is 2018.0.0.770
- For FreeCommander XE 64-Bit the current version is 2018.0.0.776
You have to treat them as different programs.
@olli_s We will consider this, but this is currently not supported
In my VM I uninstalled FreeCommander XE 64-bit (the donors edition) and installed the normal free edition (version 2018.0.0.770) .
This version is detected correctly.
On my PC I have the following versions installed (and they are all detected correctly) :
- Version 2018.0.0.776 in C:\Program Files\FreeCommander XE\FreeCommander.exe
- Version 2018.0.0.775 in C:\Program Files\FreeCommander XE\backup\FreeCommander.exe
- Version 2018.0.0.770 in D:\PortableApps\PortableApps\FreeCommanderPortable\App\FreeCommanderXE\FreeCommander.exe
The only issue that is opened is the naming of the app in folders 1) and 2)
This is the 64-Bit version and 64-Bit is exclusively for donors.
In Help -> About you read the following: FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 776 64-bit donor
So please name the app FreeCommander XE 64-bit donor.
In my VM still the wrong versions are detected see list above.
And the update to Build 776 is not offered (all versions are marked as Safe)
@olli_s Added build 776
For FreeCommander XE 64-bit I installed an update to Build 776 (and did a full system scan).
The 64-bit version is only available for donors (so the current version for donors is Build 776).
For normal (freeware) users the current version is FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public
FreeCommander XE is found 3 times on my PC:
- C:\Program Files\FreeCommander XE\backup\FreeCommander.exe (Version 2018.0.0.774)
- C:\Program Files\FreeCommander XE\FreeCommander.exe (Version 2018.0.0.774)
- D:\PortableApps\PortableApps\FreeCommanderPortable\App\FreeCommanderXE\FreeCommander.exe (Version 2018.0.0.770)
- In VulnDetext all 3 entries have the version 2018.0.0.770