Exclude specific drives/folders from scan

• Community Moderator

It would be very useful when I could exclude specific drives and also specific folders from being scanned.

I have two external backup drives, that are connected only Saturdays (for backup purpose) but while they are connected a scan could start and this way the scan takes very long and also backed up portable applications are found (this inflates the list of installed applications).

But I also have a large folder containing many photos that I also would like to exclude.
    I know that photos are not detected but VulnDetect scans all folders and subfolders and excluding folders could save time.

• Community Moderator

You also should add a parameter in your secteer.exe that excludes files and folders.
    For example the parameter --exclude.

• Community Moderator

@tom said in Exclude specific drives/folders from scan:

So in short, the agent already supports this, but the feature has not been enabled yet.

Cool!

• VulnDetect Team Member

@olli_s This feature is planned and will be implemented once we go from Tech Preview to Beta. We are also aware that in particular German companies have to exclude the scanning of certain user folders due to privacy concerns. So in short, the agent already supports this, but the feature has not been enabled yet.